There are two solutions available for data recovery for Mac. The first solution requires some manual effort on your part in following simple data recovery steps and the second solution involves utilizing the expertise of the best data recovery software. Mac files recovery includes files that contain .doc, .ppt, .jpg, .mp3, .mov, and just about any file extensions. [solutions available for data recovery for Mac]
The best software for data recovery is definitely one that has a user-friendly interface, gets the job done accurately and reasonably fast, is affordable, supports many platforms, and works well on small and large drives.
uFlysoft, iSlove, and DriveSavers Data Recovery are three very popular data recovery software for Mac computers. All file/data recovery software work in very similar ways to retrieve deleted files. Here is a breakdown of the process:
1. Stop using the computer and/or the drive that needs to be scanned for the deleted file(s).
2. Download the software unto an external drive such as a thumb drive, to prevent the software itself from overwriting the very file(s) you are wanting to retrieve. Please note that some data recovery software are formatted to bootable discs so there is no need for download.
3. The software will then scan the hard drive to locate the file(s) in question. Depending on the software, this process might require you to select the particular file type/file extension that you are trying to locate.
4. Click “start”, “scan”, “locate”, “continue”, or whatever command starts the retrieval process for the software being used. Be aware that the retrieval process could take a few minutes or up to several hours to complete.
5. Once the retrieval process is completed, peruse the recovered files to locate the deleted file(s) in question.
6. Store the recovered files onto an external drive or other external storage device.
Therefore, whether a file has been formatted, lost, or deleted; the best software for data recovery will be able to retrieve it. The Mac files recovery software should also be able to recover not just files with popular file extensions; but also emails, archives, and data from most storage devices such as cameras, smartphones, SD cards, and USBs.
In addition to utilizing software for Mac files recovery, restoring files from the Trash Can as well as using Mac’s Time Machine, are two methods that can also help to restore lost or deleted files. The simplest way to restore files from the Trash Can is opening Trash Can and then dragging the file in question onto the desktop.
Restoring files through Time Machine is possible by opening the software and then using Timeline to search for and restoring the lost or deleted file(s). Toggle through the Timeline by using the up and down arrows that are on the screen. Also, files can be previewed by selecting the file and then pressing the space bar. Additionally, the Mac’s Time Machinesoftware can be used to backup data, files, and drives (internal and external) to make it easier to recover a lost or deleted file in the future.